Sunday, January 09, 2005

"Do The Next Right Thing"

We had a very nice and challenging time at church this morning. This month's series is titled OVERHAULIN', teaching the congregation/s how to change some things heading into 2005 - overhaulin' spiritually, physically, relationally. After Pastor Greg preached from Charleston, Pastor Jeff challenged the local Irmo body to get into some new habits by "just doing the next right thing". If I'm dealing with anger issues, then the next right thing is to not get angry at my kids as soon as we get in the car after worship. If it's a laziness issue, then the next right thing would be to help clear the table after dinner at Grandma's. If it's a self-centered sin hindering my growth, the next right thing might be to make sure other folks are okay before worrying about my own stuff this afternoon. That might not be how he put it exactly, but that's how I took it, and it's challenging the bejeebers out of me already.

Really good series, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it throughout January. If you're interested, go to the Seacoast/Irmo site and listen to or watch the sermon from this morning (usually posted by Monday evening or Tuesday morning). For now, I'm just looking for the next right thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home