Monday, April 18, 2005

Student Email

This is the message my wife received in her inbox this morning from our son's teacher's email:
Hey, mom, it's me, Trace. I just forgot: today's the day when we have to turn in our projects for science! It's got to be a poster about trees, soil and stuff like that. So, I'm not getting a full-fledged A for this. My teacher said I could go and do it today and turn it in on Tuesday. Is that fine with you? Please respond to this e-mail.

TRACE
Gotta love it. Same study habits as his dear old dad. I like how he wrote, "I just forgot" - "No, son, you forgot a long time ago, not 'just' now." Very good kids, both of our children; just need help prioritizing. But then again, don't we all?

So this afternoon, there will be an art center on the kitchen table - where a young man will be working diligently on his science project poster, and he'll be whining just a little, "can I go play Gamecube now?!?"

4 Comments:

Blogger MaryAnn Mease said...

ha...its that time of year!
junior in high school did her science project yesterday...due today.
did not take my advice and give a high school spin to her conclusion...put one sentence in it.
any fool of a teacher is going to see that she spent all of 2 hours from start to finish on the whole project and almost no thought whatsoever.
I even wrote a possible conclusion that would at least sound like she THOUGHT about what her results meant. "No mom, i dont need that-its fine."

18/4/05 8:44 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Do i remember those days! I usually would do my stuff the night before it was due...i always thought i was good under pressure!lol

18/4/05 10:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rick,
I may be a little meaner than you I guess.
I would say,"Fine get to work, no whining.... if you do you don't get to hand in anything and you will take the bad grade."

(I really don'tthink grades are a good system anyway, whole other topic)

One mention of Gamecube and I would say go play, but YOU will have to explain to your teacher as to why YOU choose to not finish this project... and you will be at HER (or HIS) mercy!

I wish someone would have done that to me...

The King of procrastination,
iggy

18/4/05 3:49 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

naah - this will work better: "Hmmm, while you're working on that project tonight until it's finished, I WILL BE PLAYING GAMECUBE - bwaahhh haaah haah!" it's my g-cube anyway, and i could use the extra time to build my star wars skills.

18/4/05 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home