Thursday, April 14, 2005

Life

It was chilly in the house this morning, 69F on the thermostat. I love cold sheets, and I fumbled around under the covers finding the cold spots, not wanting to get out of bed yet, enjoying the warmth of the blanket and the chill of the morning. But it was after 6:30am already, and we needed to get up. My little girl was cuddled up next to me, chasing me around the bed, rooting towards the warm spots I'd just heated up for her, snoring and rolling and rolling and snoring. My wife had gone downstairs, letting the dog out or something else intolerably early, leaving the bedside alarm clock on her side of the bed to beep beep beep with no one to smack the snooze button properly.

We got up, everyone got showered and dressed and fed appropriately. We went to school and to work, did our classes and our team meetings, and came back to this house where we live life together. It's almost 9:30pm now, fifteen hours after the alarm clock and a full day's activities away from the morning agenda. It has been a full day, a full week, and I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday. But even more, I'm thankful for the home we have, the family living life together, the time to spend laughing separately and in unison. It's neat getting to know my kids, getting to know my wife, as life moves forward and we try to keep up.

No point, no deep spiritual truth. Just livin' the life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Great post Rick!


iIt was 69 degrees at our house this morning too. Well atleast in the house! I though, like the warm sheets!:-)

14/4/05 9:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow that last comment makes me want to just go and check them all out.... not.


Rick this post is deeper than you realize. LIFE, LOVE. RELATIONSHPS. We can either let life move us forward or move forward with life. My family is visiting California right now... I miss them much.

Blessings,
iggy

14/4/05 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home