Sunday, January 23, 2005

Snot & A Book List

I'm still recuperating from this nasty headcold thing that's gripped my body the past few days, and I don't have as many leaks (orifices draining body fluids - gotta love the imagery, y'all) as I did yesterday. A good cup of coffee this morning and I should be alright for church, a nap and playoff football.

I've gotten myself into a few good books at once, again. And I've been meaning to post them to MyMediaList.com, but it's been down the last few days. I haven't read much this weekend - my eyes have been hurting from the achey feeling and stuffiness. Since we moved the alarm clock to my wife's side of the bed, my nightstand has become a library, and here's what I've been meaning to read (no, really - I'm in the middle of the first three already, with the others waiting patiently):
  • Leadership Wisdom From Unlikely Voices, Dave Fleming
  • Peter & The Starcatchers, Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson - actually, I loaned this one to my 9-yr-old son, who should've finished it by now so I can dive back in
  • Comic Book Character, David Zimmerman - cheesy cover and cheesy subtitle, but really well-written, not condescending, not alot of prooftexting to make this a forced-Christian book; I've been pleasantly surprised by this one (review coming soon)
  • Mr. Timothy, Louis Bayard - haven't started this one yet; bought it for Vicki but she wasn't impressed with the setting and storyline
  • Bad Ground, Dale Cramer
  • Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, Susanna Clark - huge book, might take me all year to read this one

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home