Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Bedtime

I've been falling asleep way before 11pm. I'm getting old. I'm becoming my parents. Pretty soon I'll be going to bed before the evening network news, and then getting up at 5am for no decent reason other than making coffee and checking the obituaries to make sure I'm still okay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just not the same as staying up 'til 2am with a good book or playing games online, and then getting up in a rush at 6:30am to start your day with a bang.

In college, I could go on 2-4 hrs of sleep per night with a couple of all-nighters thrown in, then crash and burn to catch up on the weekend. Can't do that anymore. Don't have to do that anymore, but knowing I can't makes me feel old.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Rick, my Rick and I talk about this very thing all the time. How did we live on a few - or no - hours of sleep after a night of partying? We are feeling very old, too. I do hear, though, from older folks I've known that when you hit a certain age (60? 70?) that you require less sleep. I guess it goes in cycles like everything else....
Now, time for bed!

18/1/05 10:38 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Hey Rick,
I know what you mean. But for me I realized getting old when I started getting up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom! hahaha! That is something you have to look forward to! hahaha! Have a good day Bro.

Peace

19/1/05 7:44 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

too late - already going to the bathroom more than most folks. it's called "blood pressure meds" :) - another sign of my body telling me "you're old!".

19/1/05 8:38 AM  
Blogger JP said...

Come on Rick, your in your 30's!! No, I feel you, I am 25 and feel the same way, its kids. They suck the life right out of you.....funny post, Rick.

22/1/05 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home