Saturday, January 01, 2005

Resolved

I'm not big on New Year's Resolutions, but I'm also not big on long-term goal-setting commitments in general - which is why I feel the need to actually write down a few more pointed & specific things to shoot for in the coming year.

  • I resolve to finish reading books I've started before buying any new books this year (but only the good ones - sometimes you don't finish a book because it sucks).

  • I resolve to have a non-PC-based devotional time every morning. I've got three decent devotionals that should be able to take me through the year, starting today in How Great Thou Art (Halliday & Travis). It's a book I received as a gift about four Christmases ago, and I think it'll be worth my morning to dig deep. This morning: "Infinite Love", how God calls us to know the unknowable in pondering how infinite and unending His love really is. Great way to start a year.

  • I resolve to walk/exercise three times per week.

  • I resolve to write a book, and to pursue publishing (knowing that the timetable of a year might not be sufficient to actually get published, but shooting for that in the process).

  • I resolve to not eat any blue paint in 2005. Of all my resolutions, this one is usually the easiest to keep. Do you keep all of your resolutions?

  • 7 Comments:

    Blogger jen said...

    that last one is a cop-out!

    1/1/05 2:51 PM  
    Blogger Rick said...

    but it's *my* cop-out - jealous :)

    1/1/05 3:43 PM  
    Blogger jen said...

    am not!

    1/1/05 4:30 PM  
    Blogger Rick said...

    copycat :)

    1/1/05 5:13 PM  
    Blogger jen said...

    just making fun of you on my site. :P

    1/1/05 6:04 PM  
    Blogger jen said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    1/1/05 6:05 PM  
    Blogger Rick said...

    ha ha ha ha ha oooh my ha ha ha ha - whew. you slay me.

    3/1/05 7:10 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home