Tuesday, January 11, 2005

myTunes

What kind of music do you listen to, and if it's not mostly country and/or rap, what would you recommend?

I concentrate better with music in the background. Or I concentrate on the music and everything else just magically gets done. Take your pick. But don't start talking if I'm listening to my music. I'll put on headphones faster than spit if I want to listen to something deep, something smooth and ignore the rest of the world. Sometimes I put on headphones at work to block everything else out and get my work done, and other times I leave them off so I don't zone out from the living world completely.

I just got a SanDisk 256 MP3 player for Christmas, and I'm getting used to loading & downloading ripped tracks. With that and the newly downloaded iTunes, I'm set. My eclectic acoustic shuffle on iTunes right now: U2, Maroon5, Sara Groves, Five For Fighting, Caedmon's Call.

7 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

If you like "deep and smooth", try Fernando Ortega.

11/1/05 7:29 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

i like "deep and smooth" for my coffee, too :) - and i've got fernando ortega's storm ripped, too. good choice.

11/1/05 7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to listen to either New Age (very relaxing - Kevin Kern, Tim Janis, 2oo2, Enya, Yanni etc) or what I believe is called Easy Listening (very nostalgic - Perry Como, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Bobby Vinton, Connie Francis etc..)
I do like Fernando Ortega a lot (I have 3 of his CDs), and also Jim Cole (he sounds a lot like James Taylor, good songwriting too)but for some reason I have lost interest in most other Christian artists. I still love to sing during the worship at church, but don't find that much otherwise. I guess I need to look into it. I don't like lyrics that seem to sentimental or expressing feelings that I don't really relate to.

12/1/05 1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like lots of stuff, but now I primarily listen to Christian music because I have my two little ones with me and they pick up on everything! Current favorites are Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Big Daddy Weave, Mercy Me, and Casting Crowns. As for old stuff I like: 70s folk rock, 80s hair bands, lots of miscellaneous 80s. The early 90s were country for me, and some of it's still good, but not my preference. I typically like soundtracks, too.

Ashley
http://chapter4.diary-x.com

12/1/05 9:10 AM  
Blogger Porkchop said...

Ray Charles: Genius Loves Company. Good, good, GOOD things.

Anything Norah Jones.

bond. Especially their latest CD.

12/1/05 11:09 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Wow...
Music, where to start:

How about:
the 77's
Dakoda Motor Company
PFR
Dogs of Peace
David Crowder Band
Dido
Jet
Joss Stone
King's X
No Doubt
Oasis
U2
Van Halen
Telecast

Oh this could on for awhile...
: )

13/1/05 11:12 AM  
Blogger utech said...

utech's album list

14/1/05 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home