Monday, January 10, 2005

Monday, Again

Looking back on my morning (not that anyone would be bored enough to actually do that), I began to wonder why I actually looked forward to today being Monday?!?

I woke up late this morning, 6:45am, after sleeping way too heavy last night. Getting in the shower helped, and I felt refreshed and awake (finally). My wife - bless her heart - had been up for awhile already and had started getting kids ready for school by the time I was out and headed downstairs. My duties in the morning are usually breakfast, make sure lunches are packed and shoes are on and teeth are brushed, make the coffee (first priority, of course), and get myself and the children ready to head to the car by 7:30am.

We made good time getting out the door and on the road to school. Traffic isn't usually that bad, but if we're behind a bus it takes away a few minutes. Clear this morning, and the conversation was fairly quiet - the kids looked out to see the sunrise, watch a plane takeoff from the airport, and talked about the possibilities for their PE classes today. After I dropped them off, Vicki called as I was merging onto I-26 West from Hwy #1 - can you say "dangerous"? - trying to shift gears and put the coffee down while merging in at 70mph with a cellphone earbud going off. Woo hoo. Anyway, good commute this morning, especially putting in my new U2 CD and just letting "Yahweh" perk me up as I merged onto I-20 East.

Getting into work and settling at my desk is usually relaxing, too - getting my laptop connected and getting the weekend's email downloaded, I can get some coffee (not as good as home brew, I assure you) and start to jot down my to-do's for the day. I read this morning's devotion - didn't get to it before leaving the house - and spent some time meditiating on God's love, thanking Him for being so generous with it when I/we take it so much for granted.

All that to say/write - I'm glad it's Monday today, again. The first work day usually isn't all that for me - "I Hate Mondays" was a mantra for me before Garfield stole it. But right now, I'm just glad to be working, to have a family, to be able to commute around town to be productive and get things done. God loves us, and He wants us to enjoy life, Mondays included. I don't want to miss anything, and I want to be prepared to do "the next right thing" that will open up my life to others for God to flow and move and work. That's the way I'm looking at this week - hopefully the feeling will carry through to Friday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Mondays can be a bit wiggly for me. It's a brand new slate. =)

10/1/05 1:10 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

call you back? where's the fun in that?!?

10/1/05 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home