Monday, January 24, 2005

Daughters

Conversation this weekend, watching a made-for-Disney movie.
[onscreen, a boy goes in to talk to a father about taking out his daughter]
Cam: Daddy, why does he want to talk to that boy before they go out?
Dad: He just wants to make sure he takes care of his little girl.
Cam: Will you talk to boys coming to take me on a date?
Dad: No, you'll be thirty-five.
Cam: Da-a-a-a-a-d. Will you really talk to boys who pick me up?
Dad: Yes, I will, because I want to make sure my little girl is ok, too.
Cam: What will you say?
Dad: I'll tell him that if he makes my little girl cry, I'll tie his legs up over his head.
Cam: Da-a-a-a-d. Really?
Dad: Yes, really.
Cam: You're kidding, right.
Dad: [deadpan stare]
Cam: Dad? You're kidding right?
Dad: [deadpan stare]
Cam: Daddy, you're so silly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Rick, your post made me laugh out loud! Especially the deadpan stare part--reminds me of my dad back when I was young! Thanks!

24/1/05 5:52 PM  
Blogger utech said...

"Dad: No, you'll be thirty-five."

Why so young?

24/1/05 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home