Sunday, December 19, 2004

Okay Okay I'll Go...

I really don't want to go to church this morning. I feel like I've slept with my mouth open all night - it's full of that cottony yucky dry taste/feeling that doesn't complement my headache, runny nose and slightly upset tummy. So I'm up before anyone else, letting the dawg out, surfing my blogroll to see what's been going on in the lives of real people, trying to talk myself into going to church.

Did I mention that I don't feel like it this morning? I've got a sermon on tape from Jack Hayford about how their new church discovered an extra amount of sickness in children on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings. Sure statistically there will be people getting sick every day of the week, but it seemed to spike on the weekend, keeping young families home and away from the fellowship of the body. What's up with that? So now, when I don't want to go to church, I know it's probably a good time to check myself, make sure I'm not falling into that same trap, make myself go since it's obviously important enough to some diabolical extraneous force to want me to stay home.

So I read this morning how Erica is really being challenged and changed in her understanding and life - I know that, am living that, and can't get excited enough to get my lazy carcass to church? And then I read about how annoyed Messy Christian is for having to miss church this morning - I was going to stay home and feel bad, and she wanted to go so bad and couldn't.

Most of the time, I'm a dolt. Deceptively slow, unable to "get it". But I get it this morning, and I'm getting up to fix breakfast, make coffee (maybe that's the problem - duh!), and get ready for experiencing church & life this morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger utech said...

typically my experience has been that the times I just don't feel like going end up being the times that I needed to be there the most, it may be the word that is given or a relational connection that is deepened

19/12/04 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home