Thursday, December 16, 2004

Midnight

Long long day, but I can't complain. After getting back from the field trip, I was able to work a few hours, help make cookies, doze/snore sitting up in a chair (my wife hates that, by the way), and help with bath time. Now everyone else is asleep, and the coffee and extra "nap" is keeping me up a bit longer than expected. That's okay - I appreciate the quiet right now. The only sounds are the hum of the cpu and the heat that's on downstairs, and the strange voice I keep ignoring that's going "coffee now! coffee now!"... bizarre.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, and to Christmas. Hard to imagine that it's now less than ten days away. Most of my pre-Christmas-Eve shopping is done; all I need to do is wrap some stuff so it can be "hidden" under the tree. I'm getting into Christmas music, streaming and MP3s and XM, mostly. I hope we'll get a chance this weekend to look at lights - probably driving around Sunday night after a special church service with my brother and sis-in-law singing, then going around the countryside to the usual light displays. I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve at Seacoast, too - sitting in the theater singing carols and seeing the kids sing, too; and then coming back to that theater to see Fat Albert sometime Christmas Day will be a hoot. Might take the family to see Lemony Snicket (careful - two URLs there) Saturday - we've seen a lot of good pub on that one. And I want to see Spanglish over this holiday break, too, which might be the movie to finally "convert" my wife into an Adam Sandler-fan (we'll see).

Bedtime. Plenty of time tomorrow and after to get out the Christmas cards (mostly addressed, just in need of stamps and labels), to rake the leaves, to finish the shopping.

2 Comments:

Blogger 'Ailina said...

Hi, Rick! Thanks for the visit!

My kids are looking forward to Lemony Snicket and The Incredibles, too. Gee, I am, too. Can't wait to see them.

Good luck on this countdown to Christmas!

16/12/04 1:06 PM  
Blogger Porkchop said...

I ABSOLUTELY hate Adam Sandler. No offense. This is born from having a younger brother who is the hugest fan, owning EVERY SINGLE Adam Sandler dvd.

But, I am looking forward to Spanglish. Let us know how it turns out!

16/12/04 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home