Sunday, December 12, 2004

Who's There?

It's not often that I get up this much earlier than everyone else in this house. It's 7am, and I've been up since 6:30am - had to let the dawg out. I sat down to see if CNN.com was reporting anything new (not); checked my gmail for anything important (not); started a pot of Starbucks' Christmas Blend (makes the world taste good); and now blogging the whole thing for anyone else up this early.

I wanted to take a post to ask "who's there?" - I write this blog for me, and that anyone else finds it remotely interesting is beyond me. But there are a few folks who cycle by from time to time - mind leaving a comment and saying HI?

"Who are you, and why are you here?" (Thanks again, Adm. Stockdale).

Would love to know who the faceless masses are - both of you. I used to work at a small AM Christian radio station here in town, and I know there were at least four people paying attention to me every Sunday afternoon. One of them was my boss; another was my then-future-wife, looking for a good time to interrupt and bring Sandy's Super Slaw dogs to the outpost. Getting a phone call from a listener was a treat, and comments make the blogosphere go 'round.

Thanks & peace to your Sunday. Coffee's ready.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Rick. I'm here. I pop in on your blog once or twice a day, same with your wife's blog. I enjoy reading both of them. And thanks for the link to the Christmas Word Puzzle. I love these things! I'll probably link to it from my page since my family loves them, too.

Ashley
chapter4.diary-x.com

12/12/04 3:50 PM  
Blogger lalu said...

I just wanted say "hi" and thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I noticed that you're a Southern Cal fan... Boomer Sooners, baby!

12/12/04 11:28 PM  
Blogger lalu said...

wait, make that south carolina...i probably should have checked the link first. i guess this means that we can be friends =)

12/12/04 11:32 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

sure we can be friends - go auburn!

13/12/04 7:03 AM  
Blogger Mark Baker said...

I try to stop by a couple times a week as well.

13/12/04 12:20 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

y'all are too kind - and have way too much time on your hands :)

14/12/04 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home