Wednesday, September 15, 2004

One More Post Today

It's been a long day - fairly productive at work, getting ready for stuff tonight, looking for a free weekend in October to go to the beach or the mountains sans kiddies. We've had such a hectic and busy month or so, it's really time to find some down time, some no-responsiblities time. It's amazing how full a schedule can get, and how little can still be accomplished, isn't it?

I've had quite a few hits from folks looking forward to the book group. One more thing to add to the place - but no worries. I am looking forward to it, too. I'll post it this weekend, invite the email addresses I've received, and set up a way to select a first book to read together. It's the "together" part that I'm looking forward to the most. Plan for an October 4th timeframe to get things started.

Jessica's here taking pictures - smile big.

We've also got to get things ready for Trace's birthday party. Hoping it won't rain, that folks will have fun, and that he'll enjoy himself. Birthday week is half over, and he's living large. This morning's gift: a Fairly Odd Parents beach towel that's bigger than him. He loves it, and we'll probably never get him to use anything else after showers for the next five years or so. He's also gotten a few books, some pencils and a Spongebob plastic cup, and there's more on the way through Satuday's party. Then it's over - birthday week is wonderful if it's your birthday, but it's long if you're the giver instead of the givee.

Now if I can just get to bed some time before 11pm. With football two nights, and then I don't know why last night, I haven't slept well all week. It's catching up to me, and coffee only helps so much. If only Starbucks could deliver....?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home