Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Slow News Day

Here in the South, we're either boarding up again as Hurricane Ivan makes itinerary changes, or we're waiting for next weekend's football. Other than that, not much going on - so I thought I might peruse the news this morning to see if there's anything else going on in the world:

  • LarkNews.com - Millionaire show tests pastors' loyalties
    "LOS ANGELES - A group of seven pastors is suing Fox Television Network for allegedly misleading them during their participation in a reality show, 'Catch a Tither By the Tail.'

    The program, which airs in September, features the pastors vying for the affections and attendance of a Christian man worth $100 million. But producers introduced a twist: The millionaire didn't believe in tithing. Would the winning pastor love and care for the man anyway, or would the lost opportunity for large tithe checks ruin the relationship?"

  • LarkNews.com - Man enjoys smallest small group
    WESTCHESTER — Stu Clark belongs to what is believed to be the smallest small group in America: himself.

    "I meet at my house every week in the living room," he says. "I bring snacks and my Bible, and after some chit-chat I get down to discussing that week's reading, sharing my burdens, my praise reports. Then I pray for myself."

    Slooooooow news day - and I need a nap.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home