Saturday, September 11, 2004

Night Games

We just got back from the football game: USC Gamecocks 16, Georgia Bulldogs 20. Not that close - UGA controlled the ball most of the second half and finally scored to go ahead on a defense that had played very well but that was also very tired. Good game - and I've got the croaky post-yelling voice to prove it. I'm kicking myself for not taking the digital cam, a must have for the next game & tailgating adventure.

It amazes me how many people can be so completely full of themselves and properly inebriated, doing things they would never put on their resume's, things they wouldn't want repeated to their children. But it happens - and it seems worse with night games when everyone's got a little extra time to marinate in their juices. Rudeness comes out all over the place: Vicki was rudely pushed in the big crowds a couple of times, and we watched in a crowded parking lot as the owner of an H2 couldn't wait long enough for pedestrians and a golf cart to move out of his way before pushing things & people around. Rough crowd. Of course, I got a few knowing laughs at my MOO-ing as we were herded though the stadium gates (Vicki's idea, giving credit appropriately). And when the guy behind me accidently knocked my hat off, someone below over the rail picked it up and decided to give it back instead of keeping it - not all people are that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home