Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Mercy

God knows it all, and loves me anyway. My "working definition" of forgiveness is that whatever a person's guilty of, real or perceived, shouldn't cloud my view of him/her as an individual. Sure, you can make judgment calls on how much you trust, but as far as love or honest interaction, real forgiveness is present when what I've done doesn't cloud you view of who I am. But, wow - God knows it all, and still pursues relationship, still longs for conversation, still sits patiently waiting for interaction. And we're supposed to reflect that in our mercy, our forgiveness, our relationships.

Thank You, Lord - for Your mercy, Your forgiveness, and Your continued passion for us. May that passion be reflected in our mercy, our forgiveness and our continued pursuit of fellowship with each other, and together in Christ... amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home