Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Awfully Soggy Around Here

It's moist - damp - wet in the aftermath of Hurricane Frances as it moves slowly up into the Southeast USA. The weather is worse here than it was in Puerto Rico last week. Lots of traffic accidents this morning, but my commute was thankfully uneventful. Tornados have been touching down in various parts of the state, and it'll rain all day I'm sure. I'm back in the office today - whew! - and need to debrief from my trip, fill out all of my reimbursement materials, and settle in to the normal work routine.

But is anything ever really "normal", or is it just a figment of our collective imaginations? Unlike the endless reruns of cartoons on Nickelodeon every week, life's not like that. We might get into a rut, but things change all the time. We change with them, or we crack in the transition. That's probably where alot of the pain of life comes from, if I'm just thinking out loud: from not wanting to change, or from changing in the wrong ways, or from being swept away in the change... right?

Maybe a key is to get ahead of the change, or to make the change proactively instead of getting swept up reactively. Maybe that's what we're doing now, in looking for a new church, in getting re-settled and re-"normalized" in this life together. Like I said, just thinking out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home