Saturday, September 04, 2004

Morning

Well, rumors of my return are true: I did finally make it home from Puerto Rico yesterday afternoon. Originally, I was to fly out of San Juan at 4:30 and arrive at CAE some time around 11pm, but because all of my work there was done and there was no need to go into the customer's office Friday at all, and because I really wanted to get home earlier than that and beat the storm through Florida, I made same-day arrangements on Delta to fly out earlier.

Thursday night we had our fantasy football draft online @ Fanball.com (it took way too long - I've got to check with the Fanball folks about allowing one minute as a wait time for live draft picks). We had some hiccups with the process, but I thought it was fun and went well - except that when it was over it was 11:30pm and I needed at 4am wake-up call to get that first flight out. On top of that, I couldn't sleep (note the after 1am photo friday post below). I figure I got 2.5 hours of sleep, tops.

But I made it to the ticket counter before they opened at 5am for the 7:55am itinerary change. I was first in line - and after a couple of printer problems and a change to another workstation, I got my boarding passes for SJU to ATL and ATL to CAE. I was supposed to fly into Columbia by 3:25pm - the plan was to drive to the high school and surprise the kids there. Instead, there were delays with the plane we were to catch out of Atlanta, and after another gate change or two it finally took off after a 4.5 hour layover there.

Got home, surprised the kids (they were expecting me to get home after bedtime originally), ate pizza, made coffee, and promptly fell asleep before 10:00, I think. That part's a blur - did I say it had been a long day? Today, nothing on the agenda but being lazy and watching college football (USC vs. Vandy @ 12:30ET, among others.

It's good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home