Thursday, September 02, 2004

Wrapping Up



It's really beautiful here today. Even the humidity doesn't seem as bad - but that's probably just me getting more acclimatized just before leaving. Looks like today's going to be a long day, but I'll get the rest of my tasklist done here in San Juan before leaving the office this afternoon.

I'd like to try to fly home sooner than the 4:30pm tomorrow time for which I'm currently confirmed. I'd like to beat the storm home - right now the hurricane's in the flight path, but later tomorrow it might be even more severely in the way. On top of that, it would be nice to get home sooner rather than later. I know how difficult it is at home when one of the two is gone for an extended time - we're supposed to be sharing the responsibilities and burdens in our cleaving, but it's hard to "share" when I'm fifteen hundred miles away. I miss my wife & kids, and I want to head home to a nice, long holiday weekend together. After picking up the pre-flight souvenirs, of course.

I'll be checking with my "bosses" here, seeing what they suggest, since they're footing the travel bill. Since I didn't check out this morning, the hotel room is still mine 'til tomorrow morning. But if they think it would be better & easier to get a late-night flight tonight, I'll take them up on it. If not, I'm not sure I'll be able to get another Friday flight (they're usually the most crowded, along with Mondays) before my scheduled take-off time. Either way I'll probably log alot of airport time between now and tomorrow - but it's worth it if I can get home to my own bed a little quicker.

My mother, of course, wants me home early and safe - tired of worrying about me and this storm (it's gorgeous here today, so nothing to worry about at all). So if I do get home early, someone remind me to call her and let her know, ok?

UPDATE 6:17pm: I typed that this morning when there was no internet access. Not flying out today, but first thing in the morning is hopefully a go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home