Monday, September 13, 2004

Evening Cooldown

I'm sitting upstairs in a quiet house after a long day. Really long. But it's been good. T's birthday, good progress on stuff at work, talking with friends a little tonight, watching football - it doesn't get much better than this, does it?

Alot's changed over the past nine years. Who'm I kidding? Alot's changed in the last month. But over this past decade, we've really been through some stuff. Always with friends - either old friends or making new ones. I think that's what I miss the most right now, going through so much of this without some of our best friends, not "making new ones" fast enough. But it's moving forward, or at least it has its moments. I felt really down earlier today, wondering how long it would take for the pain to go away, how long would I be able to hold hope for some reconciliation. Tonight, I've got all kinds of hope - and I've got good friends who still talk, still share, still laugh and call and write. I can hold out hope forever, even if that's what it takes, to restore friendship and fellowship. What else is left if we give up hope?

I'm going to call Scott, seeing if I can talk smack about our fantasy football teams, just enjoy the ongoing conversation. Kinda late, but they're there, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home