Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Book Discussion, Anyone?

Would anyone be interested in an online book discussion? I'd like to start something with all of my online friends - whether it's an email list or a team blog where users and post and anyone else can join in comments. Maybe read a book together, chapter or two a week, ask questions and chew up stuff together. Christ-oriented, probably "emergent church"-oriented, probably mostly non-fic but fiction's good, too. Books from RelevantBooks.com, Len Sweet, Brian McLaren and a ton of others. Just curious - a group might be something I/we need right now. Comment and let me know.

Thanks ahead of time for the consideration, y'all - I appreciate it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Luis F. Batista said...

Nice idea, I would like to be in, I also need a group, though I may delay to follow you at the beginning because of availability of some titles here, but I can reach the group with no problem.

14/9/04 11:43 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

God moves in mysterious ways.

Yesterday it was my boss's son giving me a schedule of Bible study/Prayer to coincide with the football season on the premise that we should spend at least as much time in the Word as we do watching football on TV. I REALLY needed that! (http://www.qbchallenge.com)

And just today I was thinking about posting on my blog about how I need to read. Not read "more" books, just read books period. I think I'd like to join your discussion group.

There was one book that caught my eye in my last Relevant Magazine.

THE COFFEEHOUSE GOSPEL
Sharing Your Faith Through Everyday Conversation
By Matthew Paul Turner
http://www.relevantstore.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=121

Thanks for the offer!

14/9/04 3:44 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

http://www.qbchallenge.org/

sorry.

14/9/04 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is PenguinBoy....definitely count me in!!!! Great idea!!!

14/9/04 7:44 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

thanks for the feedback - NOT MALE ONLY. just throwing that out :)

14/9/04 7:50 PM  
Blogger nile said...

count me in, Rick! I suggest Life Together by Bonhoeffer, though I'm open to most anything!

14/9/04 8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll give it a shot. I'm busy with a seminary wives' Bible study and a self-study program, but I find time to read other stuff so I should be able to do this, too. Count me in.

Ashley
http://chapter4.diary-x.com

14/9/04 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home