Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Small Group

I'm looking forward to small group tonight. My wife has been absent for a couple of months with play rehearsals, and I missed last week with sick kiddies at home. But it's all good today - the play is over, the kids will be with Grandma and Grampa, and we'll be hanging out with folks to discuss "unanswered prayer" (I think that's the right chapter). We meet in an office building downtown across from the Governor's Mansion, with a large conference table with light supper fixin's and what really turns out to be good conversation. We all come from such different backgrounds, a really eclectic bunch. But I think you really grow when you're subjected to someone else's very different views and backgrounds. It's easy to be "right" in my own mind doing my own thing, but gather all of us in a room and it's all over the map. I appreciate the encouragement and the challenge of just growing together, finding common ground somewhere and seeking God together from that point.

Feel free to join us if you're in town tonight. I won't embarass you too bad... this time.

3 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

Would love to come Rick, little over 10 hrs away though.....maybe if I left now I could......darn.

10/5/05 1:35 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

i'll save you a seat - just in case.

10/5/05 1:37 PM  
Blogger MaryAnn Mease said...

i am closer :-P but i dont know where the Gov.'s mansion is...

11/5/05 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home