Sunday, May 01, 2005

Driving to Church

this is an audio post - click to play


UPDATE 2pm: Church was good this morning, and I am once again glad I went. Our morning "discussion time" was good - conversation over Colossians 2 with coffee, yum. The service was good, too - a little off-center from the normal Seacoast morning but very much worth the time and inspiring for its creativity and fun (I'll post later this week when it can be streamed online). It's just continuing to be funny to me that when it takes the most effort to do something, that's the time when you look back and go "it was worth it".

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Rick, I often don't feel like going to church, so I can identify with how you were feeling this morning (it has more to do with me being a grouch in the morning than anything, though) I'm looking forward to hearing how things went for you and the class. Blessings.

1/5/05 12:42 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

thanks, donna - i actually left the "update" because of your comment. it was good this morning - being with folks and worshipping is good even when we'd rather not. it wasn't "oh my the most awesome thing ever!" - but it didnt need to be :)

1/5/05 2:59 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I felt the same way as you this morning. I was tired, i felt yucky and i was thinking this is gonna be a LOOONG day because we had membership class after sunday school and moring worship etc.. It was a long day but it was all worth it! So glad i prayed to God this morning to give me that extra push!:-)

1/5/05 6:17 PM  
Blogger jen said...

i'm so with you on all this. i was struggling to get up this morning to do church but i'm really glad i did because i needed to be with God's people worshipping Him today.

1/5/05 9:47 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

thanks - that means alot. and you know, it didn't have to be the awesomest service ever. it just felt good to be there, with like-minded and like-hearted people. all good - all bedtime :)

1/5/05 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home