Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Perfect "Lunch"

I drove into town a bit to get some coffee and read for my "lunch" hour. Other than having to stop for gas, it was a very pleasant excursion. Starbucks wasn't crowded at all - a few folks sitting together shooting the breeze on one side; three baristas behind the counter; one girl studying her Bible and something obviously class-oriented on one of the outside tables; another couple laughing about something or other at the other table outside by the door. I ordered my venti caramel macch with whipcream, purchased a bag of something new for the house, and when all was served up I found my own spot by the door to sit and inhale and exhale and read Coupland. Driving back to work was nice, too - sunshine, slight breeze, tunes on my XM.

Aaaaaaaaahh.

3 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

I have to try the whole Starbucks thing....not just the coffee but the experience of hanging out in one, drinking my Grande Mint Mocha and just listen to the stories.

27/4/05 6:10 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

maybe its the smell :)

27/4/05 6:16 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Sounds like a very pleasant lunch break!:-)

27/4/05 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home