Monday, April 25, 2005

No Coffee?!?

Well, it's Monday - and it has been a fabulous morning all around, except for one thing: no coffee. A myriad of happenstances converged to make it nearly impossible to make a pot this morning, so here I am without my morning Starbucks. I'm going to find some soon, so don't worry - but first I thought I'd detail the normal routine (that will be picked up tomorrow morning, thankyouverymuch) that brings us our morning java.

Waking up at 3:30am, Juan Valdez hurries to the coffee fields to find the ripest, richest, darkest beans for my coffee. When I finally roll myself downstairs after a shower and getting dresses, these beans are waiting for me in the grinder (he's better than Santa Claus!). Right now we're finishing our last bag of Christmas Blend, our favorite by far and unavailable again until after Thanksgiving. The beans are ground every morning, finer than normal drip for a darker coffee, and our kitchen smells so good from that point on. Next, three to five minutes 'til the coffeepot is ready for consumption. I've gotten away from sweetening my coffee; Vicki takes two sweet-n-lows. We both add creamer, the favorites being any southern pecan/toasted almond (they're really the same taste, aren't they?) and the vanilla caramel. Most mornings, that's it - coffee and creamer, two travel mugs for me and one for my wife (I've got the longer commute).

When I have extra time, we add other fixin's - namely caramel and whip cream. No espresso, but the coffee's strong and it's my own mini-macchiato. I think that's what I'm missing this morning, and nothing from the little breakfast nook downstairs will make that right. I sense a stpo by Starbucks some time today, or at least starting a new pot when I walk in the door tonight. It's a coffee thing - not that I have to have a certain quota every day, but that I really enjoy a good smelling, good tasting cup of the real stuff made right, you know?

Told you there needed to be more posts on coffee around here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Ok you are so making me want to brew a pot of coffee at 2:53 PM! The Christmas blend is great! I wonder if i can find a bag on Ebay?!lol

25/4/05 1:53 PM  
Blogger MaryAnn Mease said...

always ALWAYS have an emergency stash in the freezer!!

when i get some really good stuff I stick just enough in a freezer bag and "forget about it" until panic strikes...then that day,I smile and get the emergency stash out...go get some more and repeat the frozen stash routine.

25/4/05 3:27 PM  
Blogger MaryAnn Mease said...

i guess i should mention..I WAS talking about coffee...and the "good stuff" was talking quality stuff like Starbucks.
;-)

25/4/05 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home