Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Unreachable

I left my cellphone on the kitchen counter. Right there, by the sink, where I picked it up and laid it back down to get my wallet and keys and coffee. Grabbed my bag, headed out the door, drove the kids to school - with no cellphone. I feel so... vulnerable. And today, I leave work for small group, not even stopping by the house. I'll be un-cellphoned until around 9pm tonight. Gives me the willies thinking about it.

No coffee yesterday, no cellphone today. Someone remind me to put on pants tomorrow or I'm done.

6 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

You sound like my hubby!lol Funny how at my house we didn't get cellphones till about 4 yrs ago. I always wonder what we did before cell phones?!lol

26/4/05 7:48 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

before cellphones? we paid attention to the road mostly :)

26/4/05 9:37 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Rick, I know how you feel. As soon as I realize I've forgotten my cell phone I am convinced that this will be the time my car breaks down, or I get carjacked, or Lizzy gets hurt at school and they can't get a hold of me. Vulnerable? How 'bout paranoid! LOL

26/4/05 12:37 PM  
Blogger JP said...

I can not stand cell phones Rick. You know we managed alright without them in the past. Maybe I am just bitter. I turn my cell-phone on every 2-3 weeks and i pay a bundle.....

26/4/05 6:23 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

i missed it all day, and as soon as i got home, i checked it to see if i'd missed any calls. FOUR calls from my work - calling it to see if i could hear it in my bag, in my car, etc.

idiot! :)

26/4/05 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like my husband! When I don't have my phone I don't realize it until I see it lying on the counter or on the table. *giggle* All day long and you're the only calls you missed. Life is a hoot!

27/4/05 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home