Thursday, December 23, 2004

'Twas The Night Before...

... the night before the night before Christmas, and all through the house - I'm blogging because everyone else is asleep as they should be and I'm an idiot for sitting in front of the PC so long after the nightly news went off. Actually, I was noticing that this site took a decidedly unpleasant tone with a few recent posts, and I think I wanted to address what some might construe as negativity. On the contrary - if I've learned anything this year it's that the negative and painful and unfortunate events in our lives are the things that mature us, that give life favor, that make things interesting from time to time. There's an article at Sojo.net on putting King Herod back into Christmas - I think that's a good idea, putting evil and failing humanity back into the story.

Honestly though, I'm really starting to feel joyous and Christmas-y. Maybe it's the shopping, or the songs, or the plethora of great parking spaces at work. Not sure, but it feels wonderful, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home