Saturday, December 04, 2004

Decking The Halls

We're putting up our Christmas tree tonite - and tomorrow or Monday we'll work on the outside decorations (not hiring someone to do the work I'm supposed to be doing - no way! - part of Christmas to get out and just do it, right?!?). My wife went with my mom this afternoon and picked out a gorgeous Boston fir.

I'll post photos to the fotopage, and running commentary of the evening, as we go on.

  • 5:52pm - Heading outside to finish the sidewalk and bring in the leafblower. Then, supper (I'm thinking pizza maybe?) and tree time. What movie to watch while decking the halls? ELF, perhaps? Probably USC/Clemson basketball @ 7:30 - ho ho ho!

  • 8:46pm - Putting on the lights is my favorite part, and I'm pretty good at it if I might say so myself. But it's tedious work - getting them all out, checking the strands, running squirrels out of the tree. Whew.

  • 9:13pm - The kids are in bed, the lights are on, and it's all over for that part 'cept the adjusting. Gotta fill in those dark blank spots, but when the ornaments and the angel make it onto the tree, all those holes will close in. I like the look of a white light tree, some running lights to add a little twinkle to the mix. Beginning to look a lot like... well, you know.

  • 5 Comments:

    Blogger jen said...

    like... ummm... x-mas?

    4/12/04 10:18 PM  
    Blogger Bert said...

    ho ho ho turns to oh oh oh 63-60....there's just something about the number 63....

    Tree looks great! I am a white light fan myselk.

    4/12/04 11:59 PM  
    Blogger Bert said...

    ho ho ho turns to oh oh oh 63-60....there's just something about the number 63....

    Tree looks great! I am a white light fan myselk.

    5/12/04 12:00 AM  
    Blogger Rick said...

    63-6TWO - sisty-two points, and an uncalled FOUL after the game-winning shot. not that i'm bitter or anything.

    5/12/04 12:20 AM  
    Blogger Kristen said...

    Hi Rick,
    Thanks for posting on my blog. Your Christmas tree is lovely! I enjoyed checking out your site, and will be sure to do so again. Good to see another "Young Frankenstein" (ovaltine anyone?) & "The Incredibles" fan out there in the blogosphere.
    Thanks again,
    Kristen

    6/12/04 2:42 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home