Saturday, December 04, 2004

Decorating

This weekend, we're going to hopefully finish our holiday decorating. My wife has already started a little here and there (snowmen have invaded the major living areas of our home), but there's still a tree to put up. And of course, there's the streetside display. Our home is three stories high, with twelve windows facing the street and the front yard. In years past, our major decorations have been candles and greenery in each of the 12 windows, the tree flickering through the front living room windows, and perhaps a lone tree (neighborhood design) planted clser to the road. This year, there's no plan to put the tree out by the street, and I'm not sure if my wife wants to do the greenery in the windows or not (the windows are a bear to open, but this would be the day to do it). And we're adding to our outdoor display: two spiral light trees, one at each front corner of the house, because our kids have asked for a little more decoration.

I'm no Scrooge, but I'm also not energetic enough for a Clark Griswald Christmas. I think it'll look nice, and I'm glad the kids are interested in making our home look festive. Driving around, looking at Christmas lights is one of our favorite pastimes in December, and adding their house to the list of lights will be fun, I'm sure.

Found this article online on the Christmas Spirit portrayed in Christmas Vacation. I appreciate the movies of Christmas, though I really can't get into It's A Wonderful Life that much. Here's my must-see list for this year's celebration:
  • Christmas Vacation
  • A Christmas Story
  • Die Hard
  • The Santa Clause
  • Sernedipity
  • The Toy That Saved Christmas

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home