Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Rick's Problem

Here we go again. I'm in the middle of too many books. It's laziness, pure and simple. If I want to read, and the book I am into is somewhere else, I'll grab something closer. Or if I go to a bookstore, just because I'm reading something good doesn't mean that I won't buy that book I see on the shelf. Right now, I can honestly say I'm actively reading THREE books (with probably two others in low rotation). I'm such a schmo:
  • New Way To Be Human, Charlie Peacock-Ashworth (w/ book discussion!)
  • Searching For God Knows What, Donald Miller
  • Under God, Toby Mac & Michael Tait

    Got a review copy of Under God in the mail yesterday, which is really cool. I'm going to use this site for doing some book reviews, and this will be the first - along with the discussion list and whatever other outlet I can find. Generally, people don't read - and if they do read, they often don't read things that challenge them, either fiction or non-fic. I want to encourage folks to read stuff they disagree with, that show them new sides of God, the Kingdom, themselves. Read a book to a child, and then read to yourself. For the fun of it. What a novel idea.

  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm a lot like you when it comes to books. I'm in the middle of 4, with one slower one on the side. As for my book of choice, it depends on the time of day, my frame of mind, the level of distraction from the boys, etc.

    5/10/04 7:56 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm a lot like you when it comes to books. I'm in the middle of 4, with one slower one on the side. As for my book of choice, it depends on the time of day, my frame of mind, the level of distraction from the boys, etc.

    Ashley
    http://chapter4.diary-x.com

    5/10/04 7:57 AM  
    Blogger The Captain said...

    Will you be posting a review on the Under God book? I enjoyed Jesus Freak - have it stashed somewhere - though it's been awhile since I've read it.

    6/10/04 9:44 PM  
    Blogger Rick said...

    yes - hopefully posting a review this weekend. i've read about 25 pages so far, and it's alot like *Jesus Freaks*, and not leaving out the less-than-desireable side of the founding fathers' legacy either. my two thumbs are up so far :)

    6/10/04 9:51 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home