Thursday, May 12, 2005

Anyone Else?

Anyone else have a Thursday this week?

I woke up this morning and immediately felt my ankle, still attached to my right leg and still throbbing just a bit. But I needed to be in the office today, so it was a normal a.m. routine for us. I brushed my teeth, showered, dressed, and headed down to throw the dog out. I started the coffee, did the dishes and fixed breakfast while my sweetie got the kids up and dressed and coherent, and we actually ended up leaving on time. Traffic was nutty on the way to school, and the interstate backed up on eastbound I-20 for some reason. Nothing on the XM this morning really did it for me, so I just turned it off, zoned out for a bit, and enjoyed the drive.

After work - good day, busy day - I'm heading to Atlanta Bread Company in Irmo, reconnecting with Jeff K for our bi-weekly Thursday coffee. Vicki & the kids will probably meet me there for dinner, and then we're looking at stoves. Ours died last night, and I've got to take a look online for a schematic, find what might be wrong before having to replace it. But we like looking, so Best Buy and Sears, here we come. I look forward to those conversations, mainly because we click pretty well, and there's so few other opportunities to ask questions and play with ideas without being offensive.

My goal tonight, after being out and after getting back in, after doing a bit to help with the laundry and checking email (how long has "checking email" been a part of our goodnight routine?!?) - is to read. No TV until 11pm for the news (maybe), and read read read. I get so involved in a good book, and yet I don't make time to do it. So tonight and this weekend, I want to make sure there's plenty of reading time, for myself and for the kids.

Hmm, maybe add a Barnes&Noble run to the festivities this evening?

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Sounds like you had a good night. Stove shopping -- how fun :)

13/5/05 11:16 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

actually it was nice - vicki did the shopping part, and i tickled kids before bedtime :)

13/5/05 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home