Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday Again

Coming out of the Easter weekend, I find myself muddled in Monday again. Every week, seven days after the last one, another Monday comes along. Back to work, after what's usually a relaxing and well-rested weekend. This morning, waking up to the aftermath of overnight storms and facing the prospect of the long commute... again. I don't mind the monotony or the routine - just the "suddenness" of having Monday come after Sunday. And this morning, I'm wondering if Jesus experienced that at all: having Monday come right after the Resurrection?

This is a holiday week for our kids, but it's going to be way too busy to have a "holiday" for the adults. And I guess I'm just a little bummed by that: "abundant life" is so full of the drudgery of the day-to-day, isn't it? Isn't it still? Jesus is fully alive, and the life we now live is only meaningful in Him, through Him, lived with Him even now. And we have to go through Monday again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home