Monday, March 14, 2005

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

I'm blogging from CAE - the Columbia Metropolitan Airport - waiting for a 9:15am flight through Charlotte, NC to SJU. It was a bit rough leaving this morning. My little girl - all girly girl for sure - is very sad that I'm leaving. It's hard to tell a 7-yr-old that it'll make coming back that much better, that Daddy has to do this for his job, that there are so many other children across the country who say goodbye like this every week to their fathers, that some dads go away for even longer than my plans this week. It's hard to convey that I will miss her, too - that I don't want to go and would move heaven and earth to stay.

Of course, my son is like, "so I'll be the man of the house, right?" Right, son. Pay the bills while I'm gone, boy, and make sure your mom's got coffee each morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home