Saturday, March 12, 2005

Life & Death

I was surfing through some of my sidebar links this evening and found out that Dr. Stanley Grenz had passed away. If you're coming through here on a journey through postmodern/emergent church stuff, you may have heard of him. I've never seen him speak, but I do have one book that was a little deeper than I'd hoped when I bought it: A Primer on Postmodernism does a good job of digging into the philosophy and ramifications of postmodern thought. I've seen him referenced in the writings of others more than any firsthand experience though.

I have a sense of loss, and I know that the people who knew him and appreciated him firsthand will feel that even more. I pray for his family and his friends; it looks like is was a sudden aneurism that took his life. Death stinks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for posting about Dr. Grenz here. I hadn't heard that news yet. I have one of his books about being post evangelicals. Good writer and thinker.

Thanks Rick. Selah.

Julie

13/3/05 3:10 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

thanks, julie - yeah, he's one of a handful of guys i'd want to have coffee with for a week or something. can imagine what a conversation that would be.

13/3/05 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home