Friday, February 04, 2005

Books, Books, Books

Would someone tell me again why I am always in the middle of at least four or five books at one time? Sheesh, it's ridiculous - why are there so many good books, so little free time, and why do I r-e-a-d s-o s-l-o-w?
  • Leadership Wisdom from Unlikely Voices - Dave Fleming - really good stuff, slow going because I can't take much more than a page or two at a time; the "pause" and "ponder" pieces break it up and challenge the bejeebers out of me
  • Peter and the Starcatchers - Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson - dang, I need to finish this one! FINISHED THIS ONE, but man, I wish the ending wasn't quite so hokey and rushed. Really good book, but if this one's supposed to say where everything started with Peter Pan and Hook, then why is so much of it crammed into the last few pages?
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams - reading again before the movie comes out
  • Revolutionary Communicator - Erik Lokkesmoe, Jedd Medefind - really want to finish this one before getting started with the Sunday morning study group
This weekend: Super Bowl and READING TIME.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Why, indeed. I suffer the same malady.

4/2/05 10:07 AM  
Blogger JP said...

I don't know how you do it. For a while I would get caught up in 2-3 books at one time, it killed me. I got stories mixed up...I was all over the place.

4/2/05 11:16 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

>>Would someone tell me again why I am always in the middle of at least four or five books at one time?<<

Answering this question would the the equivalent to answering the riddle of the Sphinx or something.

4/2/05 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home