Friday, November 05, 2004

Incredibles Incredible

I'm trying to think of what else we've seen this year before making a statement that The Incredibles is the best movie of the year so far. It works on alot of levels, and it's not just that it's funny for kids and for 'rents - it's just a really good story. Say what you want about Shrek and Shark Tale - this movie is the best animated film of the year, and will be in my top five for sure. Go see this movie. Often.

What I liked about it was that family is huge - even, and especially maybe, for superheroes. After holding the kids back for so long, Mom & Dad have to let the kids have fun with the super powers, using them or getting killed. That's huge - trusting your kids to do the right thing, relying on each other to live through catastrophe. Doing the right thing for the right reasons and growing as a family together while doing it - that is awesome, and it doesn't get shared in the theaters nearly enough.

As I look back on a year with highpoints like Jersey Girl and Walking Tall and Raising Helen - all strong films in their own right, I'm sure - I just have to say that this movie might get better the next time I see it. And trust me - I already have a spot for the DVD. Did I say that I liked this movie?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Baker said...

Thanks for the review. Tried to see it today but it was sold out all day. Loved all of Pixar's previous films and can't wait to see this one.

7/11/04 2:53 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

my wife took my kids to see it - 2nd time for them, 1st for her - and loved it, too. wonder if i can trick 'em into seeing it again in a couple of weeks instead of the spongebob movie?

7/11/04 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took my kids to see the Incredibles and I must agree with you. It is the best animated film of the year. I liked Shrek and Shrek 2, but I think in many ways they went overboard trying to appeal to adults. I haven't seen Sharktale, but who cares. I'd rather see The Incredibles again.

Stop by my blog sometime. I have a question of the week and next week it will most likely be about movies. Put (http://infidelityheadlines.blog-city.com/) in your browser and go 'click'.


AnonymousStayAthomeDad

2/12/04 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home