Friday, October 29, 2004

Beautiful Day

What a lovely day: nasty overcast, slight breeze, feeling of rain-any-minute in the air. And I'm not at work - lovely. I took the day off to get stuff done around the house, and I might've found a way to find some redemption for daytime TV: The Andy Griffth Show.

In the midst of all the trash junk reality interview shows this morning, I stopped at Mayberry to see the story about Malcolm Tucker, where he learns that Sundays are for slowing down, even unexpectedly; and where Opie finally gets to sleep on the ironing board between two chairs. I flowed right into the next episode, where Barney's keen insight into the criminal mind foiled a plot to rob the bank next to the beauty shop. After that, the channel went downhill - Tony Danza in a spandex Spider-Man costume?!? - so it's SportsCenter on ESPNHD for me 'til time to get the kids. But for about an hour, I was in a simpler, crime-free, non-weird time and place. I was never a huge fan, but I've enjoyed the show in the past - glad me and my trusty remote could find it on again this morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

i used to catch m.a.s.h. reruns more often, but i've seen most of the andy episodes, too. it was just nice to relax a bit, whistlin' and stuff :)

31/10/04 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home