Monday, October 25, 2004

Long Week Today

I'm watching MNF, hoping the Broncos just keep handing the ball to Droughns so my fantasy team can pull away for the win this weekend. Vicki's not home from play rehearsal yet - a "quick" trip to WalMart for supplies is keeping her out later than normal. Both children are asleep, one in his bed and the other asleep in her leotard after falling asleep on my bed. The dishes need to be run through the wash, and I'll be doing some laundry to help out this evening, maybe read a little while the wash/dryer is running and the ballgame's on.

There's so much drama, so much soap opera in life [borrowing thought picture from Jae]. My wife's family is going through it right now, so on top of all the local/school stuff here we have to deal long distance to Asheville with the drama there. I'm just trying to me "Rick, Super Dad - the Wonder Husband". I'm not very good at pulling off (*lazy* doesn't quite cut it as a superpower, does it?). I need to settle in somewhere between disconnected emotionally and completly hacked off, helping by being a calming influence and still letting her vent, encourage her to press on. I need to run interference with her folks, clear the way to just do what needs to be done, and pray that we'll move through this as quickly and painlessly as possible. "Painless" probably won't happen - but growth and maturity and confidence come from going through the fire, burned or not.

All that, and I need to get coffee. We're out of coffee. Drat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

thanks :) - i'm hoping my super-lazy-physique will not fall victim to sleepy kryptonite!

26/10/04 6:56 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

I appreciate the honest post. "I need to settle in somewhere between disconnected emotionally and completly hacked off, helping by being a calming influence..." That's definitely what it seems to take sometimes. Grace to you.

26/10/04 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home