Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Cleanliness

We're going to stay in town this weekend - no ballgame, no beach trip, no family-visiting mountain odyssey. The love of my life is going through a major clean-up phase, and it's up to me to (a) keep the kids occupied and (b) avoid getting pulled into her overly strenuous web of housework. Actually, laziness is one of those things I need to overcome in my own life ("strenuous" is not a bad thing when it can make the house more liveable and the wife happier, is it?), and there are a few things I'd like to do in joining her. The beef is that we've got too much STUFF, and there needs to be three piles of the things that can be discarded from the homestead:
  • Stuff that we can give away
  • Stuff that could go on eBay
  • Stuff that can be thrown away
    ... and the third pile is the biggest, trust me. I'd like to do some of this cleaning in the attic - get it spruced up a bit to be used for more than an extra closet and the dawg's room. Maybe that'll be my project for the weekend.

    It's not like life isn't full of a too much extra stuff, a accumulated extra baggage that should be discarded so we can move forward, not be unfortunately weighted down by past regrets or current transgressions (Hebrews 12:1-3).

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home