Monday, September 20, 2004

Good Word for Monday

Here's a good word for kicking off a Monday: reconciliation -
"So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation." - 2 Corinthians 5:16-19, niv

I'm looking forward to a good week. It's going to be busy, and busy can be a bad thing. But I'm challenged to make it count, to make this week one that's full of hope and God's grace, working towards a good end. I pray for restoration, for renewal, for hearts overflowing from the well that won't run dry. And I pray for my friends, old and new, that we will have fellowship together and with Him.

That's not to much to ask for a Monday, is it? Maybe - if I don't get to bed soon so I can actually wake up on the "real" Monday morning, ready to do what's got to be done. Goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

Thanks for checking out my blog Rick . . . I enjoyed yours as well. Especially the thought on reconciliation, and prayers for a week full of hope & grace. That's my prayer this week too!

21/9/04 7:25 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

thanks, diane - yeah, and its a word for *all* week. still processing through :)

23/9/04 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home