Thursday, August 26, 2004

Morning

After yesterday's rest & recuperation day, I really needed to get back in the office today and tomorrow before heading to San Juan. If I had been in yesterday, I would've taken today off - still feeling crappy, but there's too much to get done. At least the emotional and mental outlook was looking better - until I had a "discussion" with my son over whether or not his teeth were going to get brushed, and then the wonderful travel mug of coffee decided to jump out of the cup holder and douse my Message bible (but it didn't spill on me, just my son's lunch box - another "discussion" as he's getting out of the car), and then about half-way to work as I'm drinking the last of the non-spilled coffee still in the cup, it finally decides to "get me" and dribble down my cheeks and onto my bright yellow shirt.

It's cool though. I wasn't trying to be a non-coffee-stained fashion plate anyway, and it's drying fairly invisible as the morning progresses. I'm having network problems with my laptop connection this morning, too, but at least that's not just me - which has happened before and is frustrating on its own - but it appears to be everyone having problems getting to email and servers this morning. Why is it easier to go through shared troubles than to go through troubles alone?
    Be straightforward and honest about your true feelings. Rather be too rude than too smooth, too blunt than too kind. Rather say an unkind word that is true than one that is “nice” but ungenuine. You can always be sorry for an unkind word, but hypocrisy causes permanent harm.
    - J. Heinrich Arnold, "Be Genuine"
Lots to chew on there, I'm sure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home