Saturday, August 21, 2004

What Next?

Did I mention that I love my wife?

This morning, I'm heading to the church to pack up my stuff. I didn't have much there, but one of the first things we really appreciated when the building was complete was that there would be a place to store some of my library. That's what I'm bringing home with no idea of where they're going to go: books from all over the spectrum of pomo-christianity, evangelical stuff, worship-related, service-related, bible-study related and some christian fiction. I think that's about it, though I might find a coffee cup or two. There some other big-ticket items we'd donated to the body over the years, but they can stay as long as they're useful. I'd rather they stay and still somehow serve the church that's been our home for so long, you know?

I spent some time last night surfing the web, looking for churches I'd like to visit. That's a new experience - I've been the real/active/participating member of just three churches since moving here in elementary school. While I definitely need time to pray, re-focus, look for what God's doing and then join Him in it, I think it would be good for all of us to go to church Sunday morning. With Cammi taking it so hard, I'd like for her to feel like a part of the process, too. I don't know what the long-term looks like, but I think we've got a working model for the weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Kaye said...

I hope and pray your family finds a good church, the right church soon.

21/8/04 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Rick. I miss talking to you in the AMs. School starts on Tuesday. Pray for me, things are already crashing down in my world.

Love ya, Bro. Tell Vicki hi for me.

- Ash
http://www.l8nitewriter.livejournal

21/8/04 11:43 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Thanks :) - it's not easy around here, but we're moving forward.

22/8/04 5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it's Stef ... I just got on after being away for a while and saw all of the changes that you've all been going through. I am praying for you and sending you great vibes for you finding the perfect church. Remember that nothing happens by accident ... I know you will find the right spiritual home for you and your family. Hang in there.

23/8/04 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home