Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Encouragement

(1) I received an email from an old friend Friday, after all the stuff that occurred Thursday. He used to work here, right across from me more or less - but he's been gone for about two years or so. He wrote to ask: "Can I send you a religious question? Let me know if you've got time." Real encouraging, thinking about making an impression years ago that makes him think of me when he's looking for an answer. It turns out it was about the Trinity, "what's with all the Jesus, God, Father, Lord stuff?". I wrote back, asked if my answer brought any more questions out, and found out about his newlywed life, going back to school, new career pursuits. Cool.

(2) I'm on a team here at work for this week's divisional scavenger hunt. I'm working with people who I've never really had an interaction with before - and they're stopping by my cube to let me know what they've found, what we can count on at the end of the week, etc. Again, very cool in a relationship-fostering kinda way.

(3) Just had a phone call from my buddy, Scott. I needed that. After all the people I've hurt this past week, it's good to know that friends are still there - confused and bewildered and dealing with their own hurt in all the fallout, but still there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, knowing that you still have some friends there can make all the difference. =\

24/8/04 3:14 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

"moonlighting pastor" - that's me. when called into ministry, it never occurred to leave me programming/consulting position. i've been on staff since the church's inception, in a non-paid & voluntary role. bi-voc is cool - get to work "real world", etc.

24/8/04 4:04 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

In keeping with the spiritual tone of this post, I have to say that when I saw "moonlighting" - I thought it said "mooning."

A mooning pastor? Now that's a new one. ;-)

24/8/04 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home