Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Just me...

I hate email.

I just got back from lunch. I don't recommend crying and driving, but it has usually worked for me - just getting away from the pc, from the office, from the phone and turning up the radio and driving in some direction before turning around at a halfway point to turn back.

I feel the weight of the world in the middle of my heart. I've hurt so many people. It's not fair that I sent that email last week, and it's not fair that it was so hurtful. I am so sorry. In trying to be "noble and honorable" on the outside, I took everything way too deep inside - and when it came out and was accidently sent to the world, it was too much to hold back, too much to forgive, too much for which to apologize. I cried and cried, driving east on I-20, headed nowhere except through a place where I could cry and cry out and not disturb anyone else... not hurt anyone else.

It's not fair that one email has done so much irreparable damage, or that it's torn open so large a wound. I hurt, and I have hurt others. I am so sorry.

5 Comments:

Blogger utech said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

24/8/04 12:02 PM  
Blogger utech said...

Man, my heart breaks for you. praying.

24/8/04 12:02 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

thanks. my wife's behind me, too - makes it "cope"-able. fyi, i deleted the extra comment, and don't like the way it came up to say "deleted by blog admin" - geesh, just cleaning up a bit...

thanks again - really appreciate that.

24/8/04 1:35 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

He will keep you in perfect peace Rick... (Isa 26:3),
continue trusting Him and His heart for you. I'm sorry for your inner pain and the tears you are weighted down with... prayers for you and for God to reveal continued encouragement in the days to come.

24/8/04 1:46 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Rick, I know your heart is breaking right now. I'm whispering prayers for you and your family.

24/8/04 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home