Thursday, June 09, 2005

Java Flood

Well, I think everyone's where they need to be. My wife is taking a certification exam this morning, so it was up to me to get the kids up and fed and dressed and out the door to day camp. Our daughter's morning disposition is usually floppy, like she could go back to bed if that's necessary, or slowly wake up to snuggle and watch TV. Our son, on the other hand, has two morning modes: "Good morning, may I play gamecube?" or "nooooooooooooooo, ten more minutes?". We got the second one this morning. But things settled down, and after losing his cool the at first, he did calm down after going back upstairs to lay down and try that again. Breakfast and cartoons, and then we drove to the church. I think they were dropped off a little earlier than normal, and might've been a little more clingy than normal, but they're really good kids, looking forward to a good day playing and learning and craft-ing.

After dropping them off, I decided to drive straight to work and not detour through Starbucks. Bad move, I think - settling for office coffee is hardly ever the right decision. My lovely wife started the coffeepot before starting shower, but learned (as I did a couple of months ago - I felt her pain) that if you don't push the pot far enough back in the machine, then the coffee will fill the whole counter. Not pretty, messy to clean, but really adds a wonderful aroma to the whole house. A mixed blessing, to be sure - but I'm not complaining. I hope she does well on her tests, feels like she's done her best when it's over, and is able to find a nap before picking up the children this afternoon.

3 Comments:

Blogger MaryAnn Mease said...

ewww i hate when that happens to the coffee!! LOL
the coffee that DOES make it into the pot is all full of grinds...

chewy.

9/6/05 9:06 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

"chewy"

eeww. i prefer a different "texture" with my coffee - but not complaining, 'cause it did smell really good in there.

9/6/05 10:08 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Yuck on the mess but yummmmmmm on the smell. I hope the drama mommy does well on her test and that she does get a nice nap before getting the kidlets.:-)

9/6/05 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home