Saturday, May 28, 2005

Worldview

Russ sent me the link to a quiz. The first time I took it, I rated higher on the "Fundamentalist" scale than shows below:

You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

75%

Postmodernist

63%

Romanticist

56%

Idealist

50%

Fundamentalist

50%

Modernist

38%

Existentialist

13%

Materialist

6%

What is Your World View? (updated)
created with QuizFarm.com


I didn't change any answers on purpose, honest. I actually thought it was spot on about my fundamentalist leanings, but it's probably not far off this second time around (69% vs. 50% above). When I think of "fundamentalist" in this context, I want it to mean that I take scripture seriously, allowing it to be literal as far as it can and then figurative as far as it can. I can live with the ambiguity that comes from not being able to mesh the traditional views with new interpretations. I want to let the Bible speak for itself - fundamentally speaking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, this explains a lot to me and about me. The culturalist creative is one of the emerging cultures of this time.... as I looked into I could see why postmodernism is both really great and worried me at the same time.
I too viewed fundamentalism more as holding to the teaching of scripture seriously and not the typical, ultra right wing of Christianinty that view's Jerry Falwell as a liberal, like the IFBs (independent fundamental baptists).


Cultural Creative 100%

Postmodernist 75%

Fundamentalist 44%

Romanticist 38%

Modernist 31%

Materialist 25%

Existentialist 25%

Idealist 19%



blessings,
iggy

29/5/05 2:37 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

i'm seeing alot of scores like yours on other blogs - don't feel like i've wandered so far away :)

29/5/05 5:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was 100% postmodern. :) 75% Existentialist.... only 13% fundamentalist.

Cultural Creative applies to such a diverse group (I have very conservative evangelical friends in that category as well as pomoxians and non-Christians... not sure how that one works).

Julie

30/5/05 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home