Thursday, May 19, 2005

Unity, Part IV

I'm trying to figure out what has made this week feel so long. More than once, I've had to stop and remind myself what day it was, thinking it was a day or two ahead of where we actually were. I think it's because of some extra work-at-home stuff that's made the evenings busier than normal, but I'm not sure. An awards banquet Monday, small group Tuesday, anniversary Wednesday - are we staying in tonight to catch our breath?

I'm listening to some old audio posts (how's that for narcissism?), and there's one in particular when I shared a thought from Len Sweet's book Out Of The Question, Into The Mystery. Someone had stated on an email list that relationships can't have supremacy over truth, that truth must reign over all - something to that effect. Meanwhile, Sweet was writing that you can have no meaningful truth without proper relationships, that truth is lived out together. Could it be that "unity" - maybe loosely defined as living life together - is the only real pallette for truth? Jesus is "the Way, the Truth, and the Life", and we can't know Him or pursue Him outside of relationship in some way with Him and probably with His church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home