Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Morning Drive

NOTE: Tomorrow's our 14th Anniversary - any ideas (besides shower gel)?

I woke up the first time this morning at 5:30a, immediately making the decision to roll over and doze a bit before getting up. Wrong - I hate it when I sleep so hard for such a short time, waking up again at 6:30a and knowing it was time but feeling the kinks and cracking-of-the-bones. I should've gotten up earlier, but didn't. Good morning with the kids though, getting out ahead of time and dropping them off at school. Traffic was a bear, waiting on a train at one intersection and dealing with slow right hand traffic on the interstate. Grrr. But I'm in the office with plenty to keep me busy today, with a cup of home-brew java to caffeinate me, and with a desperate need for a good nap. Hopefully one and two will negate three - we'll see.

On a plus side, our fourteenth anniversary is tomorrow. My sweetie surprised me last night with our plans for the weekend - end-of-year staff party with other teachers (more fun than it sounds, honest!), followed by a 9:40p showing of SW3: Revenge Of The Sith. Sweet! I'll have to get her more than shower gel, won't I?

4 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Happy day before your anniversary! I want to see ROTS as well. I have never been much into star wars but this weekend while laying in bed sick i watched the Phantom Menace. I just need to see Attack of the Clones then we will see the newest one. Let me know if it's any good.

17/5/05 8:16 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Yeppers, Rick -- more than shower gel.

Happy Anniversary :)

17/5/05 9:41 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

thanks, ladies - i can always use the help!

17/5/05 3:05 PM  
Blogger JackieLou said...

Shower gel?! My first gut reaction is no no no! But hey, you can never have enough good smelling shower gel, right?

Anyway, I am commenting because I figured out a great Mother's Day gift that really works for just about any occasion.I took a picture (the night before of course...) of my little brother and me in black and white holding a sign up (printed real quick like from the computer, but still..) that said "We love you Mom!" and framed it (print out an 8x10 on home printer, nice frame at nice price from Wal-Mart), my mother cried her eyes out. Not to sound full of myself or anything, but I think it was a fantastic and meaningful idea, easily adapted to an anniversary, because you could always hold a sign that said, well, that's for you to come up with as I haven't been married fourteen years yet.

Good luck!

17/5/05 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home