Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Junior Novelization

I've been TAGGED by MaryAnn to play along and answer some questions about books. Since I don't read (yeah right!!!), I'll just have to make these answers up.

1. Total number of books I own:
Don't go there. I could do a count on one bookcase, multiply it by three for the number of bookcases, and then add about half of that to match the ones that are boxed up somewhere in the house. Offhand, I'd say just under six hundred - of which I've read three. If we're adding the books on shelves in the kids' rooms - closer to eight hundred maybe, adding all the Dr. Seuss, Spongebob and Veggie Tales books. But I can't count that high.

2. Last book I bought: Lost In Rooville, Ray Blackston - for my sweetie to start "summer reading for fun"

3. Last book I read: Just Married, Margaret Feinberg - recommended to anyone who's married, at any point in their marriage

4. Five books that mean a lot to me:
Divine Conspiracy, Dallas WillardNew Kind Of Christian series, Brian McLaren
Soul Tsunami, Len SweetTo Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee
Uprising, Edwin McManusLife After God, Douglas Coupland
Blue Like Jazz, Donald MillerBird By Bird, Anne Lamott
Chronicles of Narnia series, C.S. Lewis...only five?


5. Two major books when I was a kid:
  • We Were There... series - various authors, historical fiction
  • A Wrinkle In Time, Madeleine L'Engle
  • Hardy Boys series, F. W. Dixon
  • The Great Brain series, John Fitzgerald
  • DC Comics (didn't get into many Marvel characters until much later)
    ... just two?

    6. People I want to tag: (copy/paste the questions and answer them on your blog...)
  • Vicki, my lovely and literate bride
  • Jeff, my not-as-lovely and semi-literate brother
  • Russ, pastor and book/music nut in Texas
  • Jen, pastor's wife and kitty nut in Minnesota
  • Donna, wife & mom to a (pre?)teen in Virginia

  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown said...

    answers are here

    31/5/05 9:04 PM  
    Blogger Rick said...

    good stuff, sir!

    1/6/05 5:30 AM  
    Blogger MaryAnn Mease said...

    ooo you DID play!! and you DO read!!

    got a few of those on the "to read" list...some i did already.

    good stuff!!
    although you have problems with basic math!! LOL

    1/6/05 2:47 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home