Monday, September 27, 2004

More Wind & Rain

T.S. Jeanne is headed towards the Midlands of SC today, bringing rain and wind and who knows what else. The radar shows the rain bands creeping slowly to the north, meaning they'll get here right as the kids and I are heading out the door for school and work. Oh joy.

We haven't had any of the kind of devastation that Florida has enjoyed the last few weeks, but we've taken alot of the rain and wind that has passed through the area. I'm glad I got the yard mowed and cleaned up a little over the weekend. Wouldn't be cool trying to do it right after this mess comes through town the next few days. By tomorrow afternoon we might have sunshine - so here's praying that our power stays on so the A/C will be able to work when that happens.

It's going to be a funky week: the article in the paper's supposed to come out Thursday; C's birthday is a couple of weeks away so invitations are going out; we're looking for a "free" weekend to get away to the beach or the mountains in the next month or so; we're going to start our book discussion at the end of this week; and I've got a ton of stuff to wade through at work. I guess I'm just taking time this morning to think about it, making coffee not just for this day's frivolity but for the week to get started on the right foot, no matter what the weather pixies in store.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Hey Rick~
Hope you guys aren't getting swamped there. T.S. Jeanne is supposed to go back out to sea after it gets us here on the Chesapeake. We have also gotten a huge amount of rain from these storms, but I guess everyone here on the East Coast has. I have to say, though, that I have enjoyed the wet weather all summer. :o)

27/9/04 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home